Advertised: 29-7-08 | Closing Date: 31-8-08
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd(EGCB) an enterprise of Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) for generation of electricity to meet the growing demand of BPDB's system invites applications from qualities professionals for the post of Managing Director on contract basis.
- The Managing Director is the Chief Executive Officer and Principal Accounting Officer of EGCB Ltd. reporting to the Board of Directors.
- To be personally responsible for maximizing revenue, efficient utilization of facilities, mobilization of resources, administration, discipline and security if all facilities.
- To ensure strategic position of EGCB Ltd. in the electricity generation market as envisaged in the vision, mission, quality policy of the company.
- To develop image of the company in the market.
- To ensure long and short term plan, budget and set targets of the organization.
- To implement decisions of the Board of Directors.
- To ensure smooth operation and maintenance of the plant facilities.
- To ensure efficient human resources management, good discipline and performance.
- To exercise power and control as directed by the Board in the interested of the company.
- To organize regular Board Meetings and Annual General Meeting.
- To assist Board in formulating necessary rules and policies.
- To ensure performance appraisal, financial audit of EGCB Ltd. and report to the Board about its performance.
- To ensure growth and development of the company.
- And other activities assigned by the Chairman/Board from time to time.
- Candidates should be qualified Engineer, Accountant or Management Specialists.
- At least 20 years of experience in management of large multiunit organization.
- Age below 57 years on the date of last day of submission of application as per advertisement for the post (may be relaxed for Exceptionally Deserving Candidates) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Full-Time positions available.
Remuneration/Compensation Package:A compensation package of TK 60,000,00 (sixty thousand) as salary per month along with official residence/ House Rent allowance TK 25,000.00 (Twenty Five thousand), free medical treatment for self and family within Bangladesh and full time transport and other facilities as per Company rules will be provided to the selected candidates.
Term of Appointment: The appointment will be made initially for 3 (Three) years and this is renewable after evaluating the performance against set targets to be given by the Board of Directors later on.
The candidates in spite of his age limit serving below the post of GM/DGM or equivalent need not to apply.
Incomplete Application(s) will not be considered.
Application (cover letter), with (i) complete CV, (ii) 2 recent PP size duly attested photographs (iii) attested copies of supporting document in favour of of educational and other qualifications and experience and Nationality Certificate, must reach by 31-08-2008 to
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh ltd.
BTMC Bhaban (8th floor)
7-9, Kawran Bazar C/A,
CV must include: (i) Name (ii) Father's Name (iii) Mother's Name (iv) Present Address (v)Permanent Address (vi) Contact Phone (vii) Mailing address (vii) Date of Birth (ix) Age (years, month and days) on 30-04-2008.(x) Educational Qualification strong years of passing,Group / Subject, Board / University,(xi) professionals Education and membership (if any, (Xii) Experience in details (xiii) Publication in any reputed journal ( if any) (xiv) Special Training achieved (if any) (xv) Special works/ activities performed (if any) (must be furnished chronologically)
N.B. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview
Source:The daily Ittefaq.
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh(EGCB) Ltd.
BTMC Bhaban (8th floor) 7-9, Kawran Bazar C/A, Dhaka Dhaka 1215.