Advertised: 20-12-08 | Closing Date: 31-12-08.
ICDDR,B invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Physician, Staff Clinic with the Matlab Health Research Centre under the Public Health Sciences Division in Matlab, Chandpur District. The appointment will be made on a Fixed Term basis for 2 years, which is renewable depending on performance. Physician, Staff Clinic
(Matlab, Chandpur District.)
- Examine sick employees and their entitled dependants attending to the Staff Clinic, Matlab and provide them updated treatment;
- Refer serious, complicated or chronic patients to outside respective consultant/hospital/clinic as appropriate; Admit patients with severe sickness in Staff Ward before referral to outside hospital/clinic;
- Enter and update Hospital Management System database with different data like history of illness, clinical findings, advised laboratory investigations, treatment cost related data (within the Staff Clinic) & other relevant information & give printed prescription to patient;
- Advise patients regarding personal hygiene, other preventive health measures, child rearing practice and motivate eligible couples to take Family Planning measures and arrange such for them;
- Ensure that the highest standards of care are delivered in a caring and professional manner addressing both preventative and curative aspects of health care;
- Certify sickness and fitness of sick employee and also to carry out the periodic health check- up of regular Fixed Term staff when required;
- Take active part in strengthening ongoing health education program;
- Supervise the Staff Clinic staff and ensure that necessary logistic functions are met;
- Prepare different reports and annual budget for the staff clinic.
- MBBS degree recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council with good academic records;
- Must have 1 year post graduate training in internal medicine/pediatrics from a recognized institute;
- Must have 5 years professional experience in a large hospital; Experience may be relaxed up to 3 years for candidates who are otherwise found exceptionally good.
- Supervisory and or training experience would be an added advantage;
- Should have ability to counsel patients effectively for behavior change;
- Should have sound knowledge in MS Word, MS Excel and internet use;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills both in English and Bangla;
- Excellent skills in preparing report in English.
Salary - Annual Tk.660,060/- inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances with other admissible benefits.
Benefits - 14.8% retirement fund contribution by the Centre, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, medical facilities for dependent spouse and children, free group life insurance, and subsidized transport and canteen facilities.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using ICDDR,B website; www.icddrb.org by 31 December 2008. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Numbers in the applications.
ICDDR,B is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature. Only short listed candidates shall be invited for the interview.
Visit ICDDR,B website on: www.icddrb.org