Advertised: 22-11-08 | Closing Date: 6-12-08.
ICDDR,B invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Physician & Manager, Staff Clinic with the Staff Clinic of Human Resources Department under the Executive Director’s Division at Dhaka. Appointment will be made on a Fixed Term basis for 2 years which may be extended for further period depending on availability of funds and satisfactory performance. Physician & Manager, Staff Clinic
- Ensure the highest standards of care are delivered by the clinic physicians and nurses in a caring and professional manner; that preventative and curative aspects of health are addressed;
- Personal involvement in direct patient care including the identification of seriously ill patients for referral to outside specialists for consultation and treatment;
- Supervise and manage the Staff Clinic and ensure that necessary administrative, personnel and financial functions are met;
- Ensure different reports are provided including the preparation of the annual budget and the successful implementation of Sheba, the new hospital management system;
- Ensure that the clinic’s staff are engaged in continuing professional development and protocol development;
- Responsible for assessing reimbursable medical bills for processing;
- Liaise with approved diagnostic centers/ clinics/ Hospitals regarding quality of services;
- M.B.B.S degree from a Medical college recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council with good academic records;
- Minimum 10 years professional experience; experience of general / family practice in a formal setting an advantage;
- Minimum 1 year training in Medicine and 1 year in Paediatrics and/or 1 year in Gynecology & Obstetrics is required;
- Ability to supervise and train Medical Officer and nursing staff;
- Must have sound knowledge in MS Office package software;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills both in English and Bangla;
- Excellent skills in preparing report in English;
Salary - Annual Tk-726,450/- inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances with other admissible benefits.
Benefits - 14.8% retirement fund contribution by the Centre, Children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, medical facilities for dependent spouse and children, free group life insurance, and subsidized transport, canteen, daycare facilities.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using ICDDR,B website: www.icddrb.org by 06 December, 2008. The internal candidates must mention their identification number in the applications.
ICDDR,B is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature. Only short listed candidates shall be invited for the interview.
Visit ICDDR,B website on: www.icddrb.org